www.Declanreddy.com – WEBSITE DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
www.declanreddy.com respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who I am, how I collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that I collect through my website at www.declanreddy.com (“Website”).
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact me using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
I recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed.
What personal information does www.declanreddy.com collect through the Website and why?
The personal information that may be collected about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of my Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily, for example, you may be asked:
- about the type of service you will require and for your contact details (online booking);
- for your feedback about the service provided (testimonial request)
- whether you would like to subscribe to a Newsletter communications from the site
- to direct your enquiries through a contact form;
The reasons for collecting and processing your data will be stated, at the moment of collection.
- Information that is collected automatically
When you visit the Website, certain information may be collected automatically from your device.
Specifically, the information collected automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. Information may also be collected about how your device has interacted with the Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables better understanding of the traffic to the Website, where readers come from, and what content is of most interest to them. This information may be used for internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of the Website to its visitors.
In general, the personal information collected from you will only be used for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that are explained to you at the time I collect your personal information. However, I may also use your personal information for other purposes
that are not incompatible with the purposes I have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by the applicable data protection laws.
Who does www.declanreddy.com share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to group companies or third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to me (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of the Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when I collect your personal information.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where I believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to any other person with your consentto the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, the legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which I collect it.
However, I will normally collect personal information from you only where I have your consent to do so, where I need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in my legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, I may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If I ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, I will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if I collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), I will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
How does www.declanreddy.com keep my personal information secure?
I use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that I collect and process about you. The measures I use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, my website servers are located in Ireland, and our group companies and third-party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when I collect your personal information I may process it in any of these countries.
However, I have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice. I have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with my third-party service providers and partners.
I retain personal information I collect from you where I have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When I have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, I will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then I will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask me to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications I send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails I send you.
- Similarly, if I have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You can exercise these rights by contacting me using the contact details provided on the Website. I respond to all requests I receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about my collection and use of your personal information. However, I would of course hope that you are able to raise any issues with me in the first instance. For more information, please contact the Supervisory Authority at www.dataprotection.ie.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
I may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When I update my Privacy Notice, I will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes I make. I will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.